Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bed of Roses

Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I liked VISION IN WHITE, but I loved Nora Robert’s BED OF ROSES more. Thankfully both books are in the same series because I sometimes find series to be very tricky to rate. Both books are full of friendship, romance cheese and casual dating; it’s definitely very much a chick lit and woman’s literature book.



I liked Emma and Jack as a couple, even though Jack wasn’t big on being in a relationship. It’s wasn’t one of those books that had the “instant relationship love connection” pairing going on because the main character pairing both lovers were very close friends before hooking up. They had a lot of sexual tension together and were cute together.



In the series overall, Emma was my third favorite character after Parker and Carter. I really liked that she had a diverse character background compared to most female leads in the romance genre. I could picture her very easily in my mind than her friend Mac. The only thing I didn’t like was that Emma piffed off Jack deliberately.



I have to admit this series is shaping up to be one of my guilty pleasure reads. When I want fluffy with some sex thrown in, this maybe my go to series after I’m done with the last two books. The way Nora Roberts writes her male characters is very good; I love kind, friendly and funny male leading characters (which are hard to find in the current young adult romance market). Other than that I can’t wait until I get the last two books in this series.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment