Saturday, November 19, 2011

Vision in White

Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)Vision in White by Nora Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


VISION IN WHITE is the first Nora Roberts book I ever read, so I was not sure on how well the writing was going to be. All I was expecting was a cute fluffy read about a woman and a guy falling in love, but the book was so much more than that. I found it to be very funny and well written for a first book of a series; it’s not my usual genre but I highly enjoyed it because I needed a change of pace from the young adult romance books.



I’m well aware that there are bunches of books about friends running a wedding business together, but the spin that Nora Roberts put on it was wonderful. Even though Roberts didn’t go into graphic detail about the friends, I could believe that they were good friends by the dialogue and actions.



My favorite part of this book was Carter Maguire, the love interest of Mackenzie “Mac” Elliot. This is the first book in a long time that I’ve read that had a genuinely sweet and caring male lead, so this was a big plus for me since I like to read books where nice guys get lovers. I liked Carter and his family; they were adorable.



Apart from that I think Mac’s name threw me for a loop because I thought she was a guy until I read the book flap’s summary right after I read a few pages. I know her nickname is short for Mackenzie, but Mac is a very hyper masculine nickname. I liked her character and could relate to her, and I can’t wait to read the sequels and more Nora Roberts' books.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment